This represents the Old Church of St. Pancras, in Pancras Road, the most ancient edifice of its kind in the Borough, its history dating from the seventh century. Part of the present structure (Renovated 1847-48) probably belongs to the fourteenth century. John Norden (1548-1625) wrote that St. Pancras Church is “standing alone utterly forsaken, old weather beaten, which for antiquity therefore is not thought to yield to Paules in London”